Paul Bley, Gary Peacock, Paul Motian, "Not Two, Not One" - CD izdevums, ECM Records.
Bassist Gary Peacock pulled together this reunion of a classic edition of the Paul Bley Trio. They've played together in duos over the years, but this - rather astonishingly - is the first time that Bley, Peacock and Motian have recorded as a trio in 35 years. This was a history-making group, free and yet intensely melodic; it has lost none of its persuasiveness.
Highlights include Bley's depth-sounding explorations of the bottom end of the Bösendorfer piano on 'Not Zero', a reworking of 'Fig Foot' from the trio's original 60s repertoire, a stunning Peacock solo on 'Entelechy', and much spirited spontaneous interaction.
Mēs varam sniegt jums konsultāciju par šo produktu +371 67171000, mūsu veikalā Cēsu iela 33, Rīgā vai:
- 1 Not Zero: In Three Parts, Written-By – Peacock*, Bley*, Motian* - 9:34
- 2 Entelechy, Written-By – Gary Peacock - 2:08
- 3 Now, Written-By – Paul Bley - 4:35
- 4 Fig Foot, Written-By – Paul Bley - 5:38
- 5 Vocal Tracked, Written-By – Paul Bley - 5:24
- 6 Intente, Written-By – Gary Peacock - 5:41
- 7 Noosphere, Written-By – Peacock*, Bley* - 7:07
- 8 Set Up Set, Written-By – Gary Peacock - 6:19
- 9 Dialogue Amour, Written-By – Peacock*, Bley* - 8:07
- 10 Don't You Know, Written-By – Peacock*, Bley* - 6:57
- 11 Not Zero: In One Part, Written-By – Peacock*, Bley*, Motian* - 0:55
- Paul Bley - Piano
- Gary Peacock - Double-Bass
- Paul Motian - Drums
Recorded: Recorded January 1998, Avatar Studio, New York.
Catalogue No: ECM 1670