Tord Gustavsen, Simin Tander, Jarle Vespestad, "What Was Said" - dubultā skaņuplate, 33.3 RPM, ECM Records.
Šis albums pieejams arī CD formātā.
What was said brings new colours to Tord Gustavsen’s musical palette. His latest trio project builds upon the subtle understanding of his long musical association with drummer Jarle Vespestad, introduces German-Afghan vocalist Simin Tander, and explores the tradition of Norwegian church music in untraditional ways: “For the repertoire of the new project, Simin and I have been working with Afghan poet B. Hamsaaya, translating and shaping a selection of hymns that I grew up with in Norway into Pashto,” Gustavsen explains. “This process has been challenging and really fruitful. We have gone quite far in interpreting the lyrics in a more ‘integral’ manner, reaching into a space where I feel that Sufism and Christianity actually meet.” Simin Tander also sings, in English, verse of Persian mystic Jalal al-Din Rumi (1207-73) and US proto-Beat poet Kenneth Rexroth (1905-82). As a pure play of sounds, too, the combination of Tander’s voice and Gustavsen’s piano and discreet electronics has an emotional persuasiveness of its own, outside the limits of language. The trio takes its programme of “hymns and visions” to the concert halls and clubs of Europe in the first months of 2016.
What was said was recorded at Oslo’s Rainbow Studio in April 2015 and produced by Manfred Eicher.
Mēs varam sniegt jums konsultāciju par šo produktu +371 67171000, mūsu veikalā Cēsu iela 33, Rīgā vai:
- A1. "Your Grief" (Created by Tord Gustavsen / Jalai Al-Din Rumi) - 2:45
- A2. "I See You" (Created by Hans Adolf Brorson / Traditional) - 5:10
- A3. "Imagine the Fog Disappearing" (Created by Mathilda Montgomery-Caderhielm / Wilhelm Andreas Wexels) - 6:23
- A4. "A Castle in Heaven" (Created by Bernt Støylen / Traditional) - 4:46
- B5. "Journey of Life" (Created by Elias Blix / Traditional) - 7:26
- B6. "I Refuse" (Created by Tord Gustavsen / Kenneth Rexroth) - 5:42
- B7. "What Was Said to the Rose/O Sacred Head" (Created by Tord Gustavsen / Hans Leo Hassler / Jalai Al-Din Rumi) - 5:35
- B8. "The Way You Play My Heart" (Created by Tord Gustavsen) - 3:03
- C9. "Rull" (Created by Tord Gustavsen) - 3:08
- C10. "The Source of Now" (Created by Tord Gustavsen / Jalai Al-Din Rumi) - 4:25
- C11. "Sweet Melting" (Created by Johan Ludvig Allendorf / Peder Jacobsen / Traditional) - 3:23
- C12. "Longing to Praise Thee" (Created by Traditional) - 4:26
- C13. "Sweet Melting Afterglow" (Created by Johan Ludvig Allendorf / Tord Gustavsen / Peder Jacobsen / Simin Tander / Traditional / Jarle Vespestad) - 3:39
- Tord Gustavsen - Piano, Electronics, Synth Bass
- Simin Tander - Voice
- Jarle Vespestad - Drums
Recorded: At Oslo’s Rainbow Studio in April 2015.
Release date: 29.01.2016.
Catalogue No: ECM 2465