Jack DeJohnette, "New Directions" - CD izdevums, ECM Records.
New Directions found drummer/pianist Jack DeJohnette reflecting on the multiple routes his musical life had taken and summarizing them in a single band. “My idea was to put together a cast of unlikely characters”. He’d worked with Eddie Gomez in the Bill Evans Trio, played extensively with John Abercrombie in the Gateway trio and a new alliance with Art Ensemble trumpeter Lester Bowie reconnected Jack to the experimental spirit of the early AACM. “With Lester added we had four strong and very different characters, could cover a lot of musical areas, and the chemistry was fantastic.”
New Directions, recorded in 1978, won France’s Prix du Jazz Contemporain de L’Academie Charles Cros.
Mēs varam sniegt jums konsultāciju par šo produktu +371 67171000, mūsu veikalā Cēsu iela 33, Rīgā vai:
- 1 Bayou Fever, Composed By – DeJohnette* - 8:40
- 2 Where Or Wayne, Composed By – DeJohnette* - 12:25
- 3 Dream Stalker, Composed By – Gomez*, DeJohnette*, Abercrombie*, Bowie* - 5:55
- 4 One Handed Woman, Composed By – Gomez*, DeJohnette*, Abercrombie*, Bowie* - 10:49
- 5 Silver Hollow, Composed By – DeJohnette* - 8:24
Recorded: Recorded June 1978 at Talent Studio, Oslo.
- Jack DeJohnette - Drums, Piano
- John Abercrombie - Guitar, Mandolin
- Lester Bowie - Trumpet
- Eddie Gomez - Bass
Catalogue No: ECM 1128
ECM RECORDS - ANOUAR BRAHEM, DAVE HOLLAND, JACK DEJOHNETTE, DJANGO BATES, "BLUE MAQAMS" (2LP, CD IZDEVUMI)