Keith Jarrett Trio (Gary Peacock, Jack DeJohnette), "Always Let Me Go", Live In Tokyo - dubult-CD izdevums, ECM Records.
A new high-water mark in the life of the extraordinary trio of Keith Jarrett, Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette. Recorded on two nights in Tokyo last year, this double album is an endlessly fascinating document that takes the full measure of the group’s creativity. Keith Jarrett describes the work as “free music that was not written, rehearsed or planned in advance of the performances.” But Jarrett’s free music embraces an enormous range of possibilities. There is an abundance of melody in these spontaneous constructions, and passing allusions to the entire history of jazz, though the music also reaches beyond it. There are cascades of sound, tremulous lyrical passages, deep grooves, wide-ranging dynamics, silences, and quiet dissonances. The range of possible references in this music runs from Thelonious Monk to Anton von Webern. The music couldn’t have been played by anyone but Jarrett’s trio, yet they have never sounded quite like this. Keith himself has described the music as “a volcanic eruption” and feels it is their best and most concentrated work to date.
Mēs varam sniegt jums konsultāciju par šo produktu +371 67171000, mūsu veikalā Cēsu iela 33, Rīgā vai:
- 1-1 Hearts In Space, Composed By – Keith Jarrett - 32:12
- 1-2 The River, Composed By – Keith Jarrett - 3:34
- 1-3 Tributaries, Composed By – Peacock*, DeJohnette*, Jarrett* - 16:18
- 1-4 Paradox, Composed By – Keith Jarrett - 9:01
- 2-1 Waves, Composed By – Keith Jarrett - 34:25
- 2-2 Facing East, Composed By – Peacock*, DeJohnette*, Jarrett* - 14:04
- 2-3 Tsunami, Composed By – Keith Jarrett - 14:51
- 2-4 Relay, Composed By – Keith Jarrett - 13:00
- Keith Jarrett - Piano
- Gary Peacock - Double-Bass
- Jack DeJohnette - Drums
Recorded: April 2001, Orchard Hall and Bunka Kaikan, Tokyo.
Catalogue No: ECM 1800/01